Hi everyone! Today, I’m going to tell you what you have to consider when planning your menu when it comes to preferences and allergies. Preferences: As crucial as the occasion or the spirit of the menu, so is the person you are going to cook … Continue reading How to (my own): plan your dinner, step 2
Hello everyone! Today I’m going to present you a few indispensable and helpful gadgets for your kitchen. Some of them are more like the fancy stuff you’ll never need, but this article is more about making fancy food and dinner preparation and making the planning easier. … Continue reading My own essential and useful gadgets for the kitchen
Enjoy my first article in the series: “Newly discovered food” aka. food you need to discover! So what is black garlic? Black garlic is basically normal garlic (Allium sativum), heated in its whole bulbs over 3-6 weeks at a temperature of 60°C/140°F. The process going … Continue reading Why you need to know black garlic.
Whenever you plan a dinner, you need to make its components depend on several factors: -What’s the spirit of the dinner? Is it some family meeting, a dinner with friends, Valentine’s Day, Christmas? Depending on that, you will want to adapt some ingredients. You will … Continue reading How to (my own): plan your dinner, step 1
Have you ever wanted to cook for a special occasion? You dreamed big but never implemented it? In this case, let me help you plan your dinner with this 9 step manual in a 9 posts series! In each post I will state things and … Continue reading How To (my own): Plan your dinner in 9 steps
Got curious as you’ve seen the picture on my previous post? Alright, here’s the description of the 6 course menu I cooked fpr my girlfriend’s birthday, have fun reading 🙂 Infos: Courses: 6 Time spent cooking: gross 2,5 days, or around 18h Stores frequented for … Continue reading The awesome 6 course dinner for her Birthday
I know right?
“At Luke’s” doesn’t sound enlightening, nor does that-gourmet-guy.com, so why not list all the purposes of this blog?
- Basically just food I eat or cook, most of the time along with recipes
- Also food I cook(ed) or plan to cook for special occasions like Christmas Eve or my girlfriend’s birthday
- Food I discovered, like a special ingredient or some stuff I hadn’t tried yet
- Sometimes just some inspiration for menus, like “Oh, this could make a nice entree”
- Also random tips and tricks about how to organize a lovely own kitchen, cupboards, shelves and so on
- Stories about myself, how I got to be the cook at home, why I love it, how I changed my culinary style etc…
- That company I once wanted to start but never really started
- A lot of planning and organizing tips for a menu, dinner, buffet etc…
- My experiences at cooking schools and workshops
To start of, here’s an appetizer from the 6 course menu last friday.